We were nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Lily from Cheeky Booky! This is our third time for this award, but it never gets old, for we love getting selected since it means another blogger thought of us!
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post and/or on your blog
1. Which Disney Princess do you relate yourself with?
Nancy: Mulan!!! It’s a rare Disney movie in which BOTH her parents are still alive, plus Mulan is kick -ass. The romance at the end is secondary, because while I am a sucker for romance, Mulan and her team prioritize saving that day before that happens.
Kathleen: Jasmine! She is smart, headstrong, and independent, but she is also loving and a good judge of character. She’s not passive at all and takes charge of who she is, where she’s going, and who she loves. She refuses to conform to others’ expectations or plans for her, and I both admire and strive to be like her.
2. What would the world be like if you are the leader? (Be as detailed as you like)
Nancy: World peace and a beautiful environment!
Kathleen: First thing I would do as world leader would be cure all nut allergies (seriously, it sucks)! I would strive to lead a peaceful, humane, and just world.
3. Top 5 Pairings?
Nancy: Me & my husband, Eleanor/Park, Superman/Wonder Woman (ignore what Kathleen says below for the Kingdom Come pairing was perfect!), Jamie/Claire from Outlander and Ehd/Beh from Transcendence (the most ridiculous historical fiction romance book ever that I inexplicably loved).
Kathleen: Batman/Wonder Woman!!! Black Canary/Green Arrow, Barry/Iris from Flash. Harry/Hermione.
4. What animal is your patronus? ( Mine is a Dolphin according to Pottermore XD)
Nancy: Wolf. I love their beauty and teamwork.
Kathleen: I think mine was a terrier according to Pottermore, but I secretly feel it would be a snow leopard instead.
5. OH NO! Eric Cartman came and stole your favourite desert. What’s your favourite desert and how would you deal with it? (Yes I am a huge South Park Fan) XD
Nancy: I am a sucker for dark chocolate so Cartman wouldn’t even stand a chance of getting near it in the first place.
Kathleen: My favorite dessert is homemade chocolate cake… with 3 layers and chocolate frosting, just how my mom makes it. Consequently, I would have no qualms about punching Eric Cartman out over it 8D
6. What would you do if you won a huge jackpot from the lottery?
Nancy: Fund my children’s college educations and donate to charity. Then take some epic vacations!
Kathleen: Pay off them student loans!!!
7. What book do you think should be a videogame?
Nancy: Ready Player One!
Kathleen: I talked about this in a previous post, but among them, I really want an 8 bit sidescrolling George Perez WW game!
8. (On the behalf of my friend who would ask everyone this) Vampires or Zombies?
Nancy: Reluctantly vampire. I do not wish to be a rotting mindless zombie.
Kathleen: Neither, because they are both seriously overrated and overhyped following the eras of Twilight and The Walking Dead.
9. You have the power of re-animation to bring back anyone from the dead. Who would you bring back?
Nancy: I read the short story The Monkey’s Paw as a teen, and it traumatized me so I would never wish the dead back to life.
Kathleen: Robin Williams. I miss him so much.
10. Would you be a Superhero or a Supervillian and what would your name be?
Nancy: Hero of course! I used The Superhero Name Generator and it gave me The Silk Shadow! Sounds cool to me.
Kathleen: Superhero! I’m unsure of what my name would be, though. There are so many that are already taken =P
11. And lastly the most important question: Cats, Dogs, both or neither??
Nancy: Cats 100%
Kathleen: PUPS!!! ❤
Our questions for our nominees are:
- Describe your best friend.
- Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts?
- Do you buy or borrow the books you read?
- What’s the most creative thing you’ve ever done?
- Do you like to cook? If so, do you like to experiment?
- What is you most controversial book-related opinion?
- What would you do if you won a huge jackpot from the lottery?
- What is your favorite topic/category to blog about?
- What is your favorite T.V. show?
- Who is your favorite author?
- If you could switch lives with one person who would you pick?
In all likelyhood, these bloggers have already been nominated for this award, but we always like to throw some love to our blogging posse!
Michael @ My Comic Relief
GO @ The Green Onion Blog
Shanannigans @ Reads & Reels
Danielle @ Books Vertigo and Tea
Dani @ Perspective of a Writer
Thank you again to Lily for spreading some sunshine our way!
– Nancy & Kathleen