To Europe! For a week! With my boyfriend!
Months and months of planning have finally led up to this day… soon I’ll be boarding a plane to fly overseas for the first time in my life. I’m both incredibly excited and incredibly nervous I’ve forgotten to pack something.
Even though I’ve triple checked my bags.
I thought it’d be fun to tell you guys which books I’m bringing for the 8 hour flights!
- Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien – it just seems fitting. I’m about to embark on a great journey, just like Frodo is.
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin – A dense read like this is sure to keep me occupied for a while =P Plus, I’ve been feeling like it’s time for a reread.
- The Naming by Alison Croggon – I feel like I need some comfort from my favorite book for it being my first time so far away from home.
- Night Shift by Lilith Saintcrow – See last entry =P Plus, I need some of Jill’s ultimate badassery to bolster me.
- Wizard and Glass by Stephen King – I just couldn’t stand the thought of waiting until I get back to continue the story!!!
Four out of the five are rereads. I feel like I need some familiarity and comfort as I take this big new step.
I am a homebody. Most of my life choices have been based on what is close to home, what is familiar. My university was 45 minutes from my house – far enough away for me to feel independent, but close enough to get back home whenever I needed. I still live with my mom now, a year and a half after I’ve been done with school – though this was more out of necessity than anything else, it’s still nice. When I do eventually move out, I’m not sure how far I’ll be willing to go.
I’m taking a huge step here. It’s terrifying, but I’m not going alone. My wonderful boyfriend will be with me, as well as all my friends who’ve embarked on their own journeys.
If they can do it, I can, too.
See you guys in a week ❤