The Green Onion has filled our life with light as he nominated us for our second Sunshine Blogger Award! The GO is a master of creating graphics on his blog, so we took the liberty of borrowing his!
The guidelines for this bright award:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog.
Q & A:
1. Can you describe your ideal man-cave/woman-cave/library, and what kind of things we would find in there?
Nancy: Just read what Kathleen writes below this. Me too.
Kathleen: I guess my home library would traditionally look more like a “man-cave”; I like dark woods and colors that are traditionally seen to be more masculine. Big comfy couch for reading on. A window seat if I wanna mix it up =P And blankets! Floor to ceiling bookshelves of course. A fireplace would be ideal!
2. What was one of your most prized toys/possessions when you were a child?
Nancy: There is a picture of me in a crib sleeping with my Harris Bank lion. I named him Powsie Wowsie and still have him. All my kids have loved him, and he will be kept forever as a family heirloom! Powsie graciously agreed to be pictured in the blog 😉
Kathleen: I had a Lucky plushie from 101 Dalmatians and I beat that thing near to death from loving it 😄
3. What book/comic book movie adaptation do you wish they would make that has not been done yet?
Nancy: Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell! But the casting would be crucial to make it successful. No little Hollywood starlet would do for Eleanor.
Kathleen: I’m always wary of this question because when a book goes to screen, they always manage to screw something up… that said, I’d love to see a DC Bombshells animated series!
4. You won a $500 gift card to the bookstore, what do you buy first?
Nancy: I’d probably head to the non-fiction aisle for some photography books about the National Parks, and of course I’d be in the comic book/graphic novel area looking for some classics to pick up.
Kathleen: The illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Only have The Sorcerer’s Stone so far~
5. If you had to cosplay any character, and had access to whatever you needed, who are you going as?
Nancy: I would go in a Star Trek uniform.
Kathleen: Oh man, I’m torn… buuuut if I have unlimited time/resources I’d want to do a proper Batgirl. With armor, not that spandex crap. Like Arkham Knight Batgirl~
6. You can have any robot-pet, what kind of robo-pet do you get?
Nancy: A big wolf-dog.
Kathleen: A PUPPY!!!
7. What was the worst mark you ever got in school?
Nancy: I do not have an ear for languages, so I attempted Spanish in both HS and college and squeaked by with a C- even with the assistance of my HS best friend who can speak Spanish fluently. She would help me write my assignments. Gracias Annette!
Kathleen: I originally got a C on my senior thesis for my undergrad… after creating 10 oil paintings and staying at school my entire spring break to work on them. My professor just plain didn’t like me and the feeling was mutual. I contested it and ended up getting a B.
8. What would be the absolute worst villain/monster after you?
Nancy: Freddy Krueger. Read all about my sleep issues with this villain in my guest post for Just Dread-Full.
Kathleen: A personification of my student loan debt.
9. If you were going colour blind, and get to choose which colour you lose, what colour will you never see again?
Nancy: Barf green. The name of that shade explains why.
Kathleen: That specific shade of ugly ’70s puke-orange. You know which one I’m talking about.
10. If you could own any fictional vehicle, what are you driving?
Nancy: I’m not a fan of flying, so I guess I’ll pick the Batmobile.
Kathleen: The Invisible Jet… of course… =P
11. You get one protein, one fruit/vegetable, and one dairy product, for the rest of your life, what are your choices?
Nancy: Chicken, raspberries and cheese.
Kathleen: Chicken, strawberries, and I’m lactose intolerant! I do like soy yogurt, though, does that count???
YOU, our dear readers, are our sunshine so we nominate ALL of you out there to do this using the questions we answered! Thank you and have a bright wonderful day!
-Nancy & Kathleen