No books…well…I guess I have other interests…
- I just discovered BitMojis and I am already addicted to it. They appeal to my juvenile sense of humor, and my texts to my family and friends are filled with them. I made a little avatar of myself and this app puts your avatar in cute little pics. Why type the word yes, when I can send a bitmoji of myself holding up a yes sign?
- The NBC tv series This Is Us. It has every television trope you can think of and I LOVE IT! The first episode had an almost nude Milo Ventimiglia in it- need I say more?
- Goodreads. I love organizing and reviewing my books. I write reviews on every book I currently read, with the graphic novel reviews additionally showing up on this blog. But this way I can share reviews on all genres of books, in addition to writing mini-reviews on book series that I had finished before I opened an account on Goodreads. The site also has put me in touch with other bloggers outside of WordPress and introduced me to fun memes like T5W!
- News about Star Trek Discovery has me excited! I’ve posted more about Star Wars in this blog, but I love me some Trek. Set a decade before the events of TOS, the series follows the crew of the USS Discovery as they discover new worlds and civilizations, and has some intriguing actors already signed up. It is not part of the rebooted JJ Abrams franchise and will debut on CBS before moving to All Access.
- My husband and I joined a wine club at a nearby winery, and we receive three bottles of wine quarterly. I’m a fan of Riesling and Moscato white wines, and Prairie State Winery has delicious wines that fit the bill! In addition they have live music, special events and meals for members. Good wine, music & food- our membership was a great investment!
So there you have it- other passions of mine, besides books!