Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme from Goodreads, created by Lainey from Gingerreadslainey and now moderated by Sam from ThoughtsOnTomes. This week’s topic is: 2017 Goals. These do not need to be reading goals specifically, they can be any goals you want to talk about, such as reading goals, blog/channel/instagram goals, personal goals…anything!
- I need to get my sh*t together on posting! I’m always typing away on the day the post is due, I never have any in queue like Kathleen does! In fact, I had another post planned, but could not get it done in time, thus this quick post is going up in it’s place. (Look for a snarky post on the Star Wars Holiday Special tv show in the future).
- Write more guest posts! I reviewed two books (Ink and Bone vs The Alex Crow) for the 2016 Tournament of Books through my Young Adult Services Forum committee that I belong to and another for The Green Onion in November. Plus I have one half written for Just Dread-full (see goal 1 for why it’s not done! ), for I enjoy the challenge on writing on other subjects than just graphic novels and geek life.
- Hike more! My husband and I completed the 52 Hike Challenge last summer, and after a year of consistent hiking we fell out of the habit. Some of it can be attributed to raising three fabulous kids, work and grad school, but….
- I like to take pictures of the outdoors, so I’d like to build my Instagram account with my nature pictures. I can take more pictures, IF I hike more! If you care to take a look at the less geeky part of my life, my account is nancyandnature.
- Live life with less regrets. I have a habit of looking backwards and second guessing myself. I must remember- no amount of anxiety can change the future, no amount of regret can change the past.
Will I be successful in my 2017 goals? I sure as hell hope so! I’ll have to plan a post for late in the year to see if I met them! I hope everyone has a happy 2017, and that it proves to be your best yet. ♥